Technician Engineer Level I
Help Desk Technician
The Help Desk Technician is responsible for handling first level support of service requests. This relates to all technology, to include: workstations, servers, printers, networks, and vendor specific hardware and software.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- IT Support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft’s core business applications and operating systems
- Support of disaster recovery solutions
- Basic technical support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security
- Basic remote access solution implementation and support: VPN, Terminal Services, and Citrix
- Monitor the remote monitoring and management system alerts and notifications, and respond accordingly through service tickets
- System documentation maintenance and review
- Communication with clients as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Improve client service, perception, and satisfaction
- Fast turnaround of client requests
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively
- Work with the Service Desk Coordinator to ensure requests are routed to the proper resource in order to be resolved quickly and efficiently
- Escalate service requests that require engineer level support
- Responsible for entering time and expenses as it occurs
- Understand processes by completing assigned training materials
- Enter all work as service tickets
- Ability to travel locally and work onsite at client locations
- Present professional appearance and work well under pressure
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Advanced understanding of operating systems, business applications, printing systems, and network systems
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and client-care
- Diagnosis skills of technical issues
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately
- Service awareness of all organization’s key IT services for which support is being provided
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment
Educational/Vocational/Previous Experience Recommendations:
- A+ Certification is preferred.
- NET+ Certification is preferred.
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) is preferred.
- 1+ years’ experience in computer network management is preferred.
- Experience in managing end client networks is preferred.
- Full time employee
- Annual salary, flexible schedule, paid vacation and holidays.
- Health insurance available after probationary period completed
- Training program for industry certifications.
- Starting salary is dependent on the candidate’s qualifications and experience.